Here are four great ways to keep your potential buyers from turning away from your home!
1. Make an Enticing ExteriorThis includes:
• Moving all toys, bicycles and any other non-essentials away from the house
• Clean the windows until they sparkle
• Check your roof to see if it needs repair, even if it’s only for how it looks
• Adding embellishments like a welcome mat, wreath, or a potted plant
• Give your front door, garage door and gutters a fresh coat of paint
• Make sure the address number is in place and polished
2. Shape up the InteriorAfter the buyer has been welcomed by the exterior, they will move into the house where it should be also neat, orderly, and organized. Everything should be in it’s place and cleaned thoroughly.
• Clearing clutter and moving furniture to storage if you have too much
• EVERYTHING should be organized and in it’s place; kitchen, bedrooms, even the garage
• Clean, clean, clean. From smudges on the walls to that small space you could never reach before behind the washer.
• Check your fireplace and remove any ash build-up
• Candles, potpourri, table centerpieces and freshly hung towels add great aesthetic appeal
3. Check on Evening AppearanceOne thing many sellers do not think about is how their home looks during the evening.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
• Make sure the walkway is well-lit and house numbers are visible
• Outdoor lighting enhances the home’s appearance. Consider adding accent light around the outside if you haven’t already.
• Leave lighting on inside in key areas and make sure all of your light bulbs have been recently replaced.
4. Make Necessary RepairsMake absolutely sure that every appliance, door hinge and facets are working properly.
Check these following things:
• Cabinet doors should close properly
• All faucets should be drip free
• Doors well-oiled and open smoothly
• All appliances (if being sold with home) work properly
Need a realtors guidance for more great tips and ideas to improve your curb appeal?